WASHINGTON, DC (March 11, 2020) — In the face of the increasing spread of the Coronavirus, Jennifer Young Homes is upping precautions and sharing tips for homeowners and sellers — especially during open houses.
“Apart from washing our hands and keeping everything sanitized—asking people to remove shoes or wear booties is more crucial than ever.” said Jennifer Young, CEO of Jennifer Young Homes in the Metro DC area. “We are also distributing hand-sanitizer to all attendees at our upcoming Seller’s Seminars.”
Other precautions we are taking, many suggested by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) include:
- Placing an oversized hand-sanitizer pump on the front entry console and requiring all visitors to disinfect their hands upon entering the home
- Keeping bedroom, bathroom, basement and closet doors open to limit the need for touching handles
- Opening windows
- Do not serve food
- Avoid shaking hands (we’ve become pros of the elbow bump!)
- Ask every agent who makes an appointment to follow-up with their clients the day before and let them know we will gladly reschedule in the event anyone is sick
- Because of the widespread nature of the virus, cancel tours or an open house if you (the homeowner) or someone in your family has a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
And after the open house, NAR recommends cleaning and disinfecting your home, especially commonly touched areas like cabinets, doorknobs and faucet handles.
If the thought of strangers walking in and out of your home is uncomfortable, we can also consider alternative marketing opportunities such as pre-recorded video tours or even a live FaceTime call.
Finally, do not panic, stay informed, and use your best judgment. The situation is rapidly changing, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) will update its risk assessment as needed. Visit the CDC’s website for latest updates.
About Jennifer Young Homes
Founded in 2001, the Jennifer Young Homes team is made up of a highly successful team, which operates in Fairfax County and sells homes everywhere in VA, DC and MD. In 2019, the Jennifer Young Homes team sold over 400 homes — that’s at least one home per day. Jennifer Young Homes has been featured on HGTV’s House Hunters, iHeart Radio and Northern Virginia Magazine. The team is proud to be a part of Keller Williams Chantilly and offers a Guarantee Buy Program and monthly Seller’s Seminars. To learn more, visit www.jenniferyounghomes.com or call 703-651-5655.